All About Jake Rocheleau
I am a 21 year-old designer, developer, and writer. I like to build apps and tutorials. I also enjoy writing. Strangely I don’t read much aside from news and articles online, but I really enjoy writing. I love to study new vocabulary and the English language is quite inspirational.
I was working freelance web design for almost 4 years during high school. I have also been creating my own personal projects for roughly 6 years. Recently I have moved into working on my own startup ideas. I would love to get into web video, mobile video, and general Internet media/entertainment.
I’m very well-versed with Internet marketing. I love to build brands and ideas. Domains, draft concepts, business plans, financial estimates, SEO strategy, product development. I’m real big into startups based on digital products and even bigger into digital branding.
Along with freelance writing work and my own projects I also love to write wild creative ideas in my spare time. I use this website to share my personal articles along with case studies on recent project work and startup trends. I also like to post about screenwriting, television production, streaming Internet TV, and this new exciting age of media communications. Comedy is one thing which truly connects us regardless of language barriers.
Some Notable Writings
I’ve cataloged some of my favorite writings over the years. These are posts from external design blogs. You can dig through Google and likely find a whole lot more.
I’ve split up the articles into sections below based on topic:
- Project Management Tips for Launching a Startup (August 2012)
- Building Website Projects with a Fast-Paced Startup Mentality (September 2012)
- How To Build a Productive Startup (October 2012)
- Tips for Building Great Startups with a Small Team (October 2012)
- Guide to Building Semantic Web Forms (January 2012)
- Beginner’s Guide To: Building HTML5/CSS3 Webpages (October 2011)
- Coding A Graceful Breadcrumb Navigation Menu In CSS3 (November 2011)
- Finding Your Passion in Web Design (December 2010)
- Coding Flexible Web Layouts in HTML5 and CSS (December 2010)
- Basic Tips for Getting Started with jQuery Development (July 2011)
- Code a Web Magazine Style Dropdown Navigation Menu (September 2011)
- Developing a jQuery Private Messaging Modal Box (August 2011)
- Building Websites And Browser Apps With JQuery Mobile: A Beginner’s Guide (January 2012)
- Best Practices for Mobile Web Interfaces (November 2010)
- A Look Into: Designing For Mobile Devices (December 2011)
- Focus On: Design Trends in Mobile Apps for iOS (November 2011)
- Coding A Responsive Resume In HTML5/CSS3 (July 2012)
iOS & Xcode
- Getting Started Building iPhone Apps in Xcode 4.2 (February 2012)
- Creating Pixel-Perfect UI for iPhone Applications (November 2011)
- Designing a Custom iPhone App Navigation Bar (February 2012)
- Beginner’s Guide To iOS Development: The Interface – Part I (November 2011)
- Beginner’s Guide To iOS Development: Building Your First App – Part II (December 2011)